HI Davide

The comment re: zcml is more about startup performance.  zcml works
fine its just slower and harder to
remove extraneous stuff.

I am using request.params.get/request.POST with no problems.

Note in the debugger in gae you will need to

use p to output values

as in

(Pdb) p request

Otherwise nothing will show.  I would suggest request.POST is defined
other wide you would have
NoneType has not attribute POST.

Rgds