On 03/02/2011 01:12 AM, Malthe Borch wrote:
This could be changed, but it's true that in 2.x (and I realize now
that I haven't written that down anywhere), the pipe character is not
in play with Python-expressions. However, it is implemented and
working for "path:" in ``z3c.pt``, e.g.:

   "path: some/broken | python: 5 + broken | python: 5"

This is the "correct" behavior. The Python expression itself does not
know of the pipe operator.

Do we need the other behavior back? Or is this new behavior ultimately better?

I think it's unwise to support this meaning of the pipe character in Python expressions. I say the new behavior is better.