On 1 April 2011 15:28, Fabio Tranchitella <kob...@kobold.it> wrote:
> as discussed briefly with Malte on #repoze, I'd like to add XInclude
> support to the ZPT Chameleon templates. As it turned out, it is quite
> simple and the patch is attached to this message.

Sorry for the late response. Patch looks good.

But I wonder why it is necessary. Did you know that you can include a
template like this:

  metal:use-macro="some_template_object_doesnt_have_to_be_a_macro"

Of course, with XInclude you get an option to load a template from a
file. But it should be a simple matter to have (maybe via framework
support):

  metal:use-macro="file: other_template_relative_to_this.pt"

(or similar).

\malthe