Title: Be a Change Master!
Author: Keith Varnum
Word count: 1,035; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Career & Personal Development, Education, Essays,
       Health & Fitness, Lifestyle, Religion & Spirituality,
       Self-Help & How-To's, Society & Culture
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/be_a_change_master.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Keith_Varnum.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

Be a Change Master!
by Keith Varnum

The person who masters change, masters happiness.

The best way to thrive in today's ever-fluid, volatile world, is
to become a master of change. A "Change Master" not only welcomes,
invites and celebrates the flux of constantly evolving life, but
also consciously drives and directs these rhythms. When you live
"smart," you drive change. You don't have to let change drive
you. When you shift from a "resistance-to-change" mindset toward
a self-empowered frame of mind, you unlock your vitality,
creativity and spirit.

Change, the Unwelcome Guest

Most of us were not raised to welcome change. On the contrary,
our modern Western culture promotes the opposite: the pursuit of
predictability. We're advised to try to keep our life as regular,
set and stable as possible. The status quo is sacred. The unknown
future is portrayed as dangerous and threatening. "Don't rock the
boat!" we're admonished. The collective strategy is that the more
aspects of our life that remain the same, the less we have to
adjust and adapt. And the less we have to change, the easier life
will be. The party line is that change is inevitable --
unfortunately! -- but certainly no fun. Having to constantly
change and grow is experienced as a struggle -- a challenging,
hard ordeal -- by most of our elders.

Make Change Your Ally

Indigenous peoples have a different approach to change. Native
peoples live closer to Nature than most Westerners do. And they
take their cue from Mother Nature who advises: "Make change your
friend, your ally. Allow change to work for you, not against you."
The natural world suggests we learn to roll with the punches, so
we can enjoy life exuberantly expressing itself through continual

Feng-shui Your Life

If we observe elements of nature, we see that water and wind flow
with the life's tides of constant change. Water and wind are
flexible and fluid, willing to transform shape immediately with
the fluctuating forces acting upon them. They move in the
direction of the movement of change. They take the quickest,
easiest path -- the path of least resistance -- no matter what
changes in form are required. Hence, the whole philosophy and
practice of Feng-shui: the art of nurturing energy flow, health
and aliveness. The very term literally means "the way of wind
and water." In Chinese, "feng" means wind, "shui" means water.

Change as Opportunity

Native peoples wisely view change as a personal opportunity, not
as a threat. They know that change brings fresh perspectives and
new possibilities. Indigenous peoples look for the gift in every
curve ball that life throws us. Indigenous cultures welcome the
surprise and spontaneity that naturally accompany change. They
know that the more we flow with the fluctuations of life, the
more resilient and happier we are.

"How Can I Steer Change to My Advantage?"

Knowing that change is inevitable and ever-occurring, tribal
peoples intuitively respond to life's fluctuations ahead of time
-- rather than waiting until life forces them to change, reacting
after the fact. Looking ahead with excitement and clarity, native
peoples anticipate the inevitable twists and turns of life's
winding river. They prepare themselves and their lives to bend,
re-arrange and transform to harmonize with the upcoming
meanderings of the river. They know that change is life's agent
of renewal and strategy of survival.

The Myth of Change as Struggle

Contrary to popular belief, change does not have to be hard!
Change can be difficult if we choose to fight it or deny it --
like the perennial ostrich, sticking its head in the sand and
pretending something doesn't exist. When we don't prepare
ourselves for life's rollicking rollercoaster, we don't enjoy
the ride.

But if we get proactive and anticipate change, we can not only
flow with the current, but also direct the current. We can lead
change by taking the initiative to take creative steps ahead of
time that allow the inevitable to be accommodated with ease and
even joy! A Change Master chooses to embark in new directions,
to experiment with different options, and to surf the waves of
change as a fun life adventure.

Intuition to the Rescue!

With today's fast-moving pace, action often has to be taken with
limited or imperfect information about the future. Without all
the necessary facts, the analytical mind doesn't know what to do.
But intuition does! A Change Master consults intuition -- inner
guidance, instincts, "gut feeling" -- when sufficient data is not

The analytical side of our consciousness organizes and stores
information. The intuitive side immediately retrieves all
relevant data and experience from the full depth and breath of
our lifelong experience in order for us to make wise decisions.
The analytical mind is to intuition as a file cabinet is to the
supercomputer at the Pentagon. Intuition functions a thousand
times faster than the mind. And has resources a million times
more vast. A Change Master uses intuition to improve his or her
ability to improvise and adjust quickly to change. Intuition
helps us to not only survive, but to thrive!

Inner Guidance Saves a Family

Humans also have precognitive abilities, but usually don't use
them as much as animals. Susan, one of my coaching clients, is an
exception. One day she received a very strong intuitive knowing
to sell her family's home and move. Loving the house,
neighborhood and schools, her husband and children didn't want
to uproot their lives without a good "rational" reason. Her
certainty in the accuracy of her intuition fortunately convinced
the family to relocate. The week after the their home was sold
and the moving van had left with all their possessions, the house
was destroyed in the 1994 Northridge, California, 6.8 magnitude

Ride the Wave

With an open, willing attitude toward life's inevitable
fluctuations, a Change Master can discern the probable path of
the future and make pre-emptive adjustments to make the
transition easier when it comes. If we are in denial or blinding
fear about the future, we can't get ourselves ready to handle the
shifts with grace. With an accepting approach, we can intuitively
predict the course of our future and arrange our life to take the
fullest advantage of the changes.

Copyright  2005 Keith Varnum

About Keith: Keith Varnum shares his practical approach to
transformation as an author, radio host and "Dream Workshops"
facilitator. Keith helps people get love, money, health and
spirit with his free Prosperity Ezine, free Empowerment CD and
free Coaching at www.TheDream.com.

List of articles by Keith Varnum: [EMAIL PROTECTED]