Free-Reprint Article Written by: Scott Burke
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    ReprintArticles-Paradise@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============
Paypal vs. Merchant Account

Article Description:
====================
The nation's largest online payment service, PayPal, is
paying New York $150,000 in penalties after misrepresenting
to consumers its policy on repayment when merchandise doesn't
arrive, the state attorney general said Monday.

Additional Article Information:
===============================
Distribution Date and Time: Fri Feb  3 16:03:48 EST 2006

Written By:     Scott Burke
Copyright:      2006

Article URL:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/b/paypal-vs-merchant-account.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Scott_Burke

Paypal vs. Merchant Account
Copyright © 2006 Scott Burke
iMAX Business Solutions
http://www.cmscreditcards.com/

ALBANY, New York (AP) -- The nation's largest online payment
service, PayPal, is paying New York $150,000 in penalties after
misrepresenting to consumers its policy on repayment when
merchandise doesn't arrive, the state attorney general said
Monday.

PayPal, which claims 40 million customers worldwide, had
specifically stated that it provided the same rights and
protections of a traditional credit card transaction, said
Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. But consumers were often denied
those rights, he said.

For example, consumers who didn't receive merchandise purchased
through PayPal were often denied reimbursement from either PayPal
or American Express or Discover credit cards. A spokeswoman for
Spitzer said consumers complained they were being bounced between
PayPal and their credit card companies and there was no prompt
action.

The credit card firms agreed to properly credit consumers in an
agreement with Spitzer late last year.

PayPal creates accounts for buyers and sellers using the
Internet, including PayPal's parent, eBay, the Internet auction
site. The service lets buyers and sellers exchange money through
e-mail.

Besides the penalties, PayPal will pay New York state the
investigation costs. The online payment service also will clearly
describe consumer rights including conditions or limitations on
their rights and refund policies.

Without the agreement, consumers using their credit cards through
"e-payment" systems like PayPal would lose their protections
under the federal Fair Credit Billing Act and similar state laws.

"Protecting consumer rights in online transactions is the best
way to establish and maintain confidence in electronic commerce,"
Spitzer said.

PayPal has clarified that it will investigate any claims about a
deal as long as the complaint is made within 30 days of the
purchase.

Our Service is a great alternative to Paypal. Not only do you get
your own merchant account and the ability to accept credit cards
real time on your website, but you can also process face to face
or offline transactions. You can't do that with PayPal.

www.cmscreditcards.com even has better rates than PayPals
standard program and you get your money in 48 hours directly into
your Business Checking Account. No volume limits like Paypal.

Benefits to having your own merchant account and not a PayPal
account:

 * No chance of PayPal freezing funds or holding money because
   they don't understand your business. When you sign up for
   an account with us, we underwrite your account so our banks
   know exactly what you are doing therefore, lessening the
   chance for you to have your funds held erroneously and
   hampering your cash flow.

 * Merchant can take both online and offline orders at their
   home, store, office, tradeshow, etc. You can't do that with
   PayPal. With PayPal you can only take orders from your
   website. Though we believe your website sales are important,
   it is also important that you make sales face to face and
   via other marketing methods.

 * Merchant gets funds automatically in 48 hours to bank
   account of their choice.

 * With your own Merchant Account, your customers will not be
   required to open up a PayPal account just to do business
   with you.(This is a huge inconvenience to put your customers
   through just to make a one time purchase from you.)

 * You can do recurring billing transactions for regular
   customers. Automatically bill a customer $100 per week or
   per month. You set it up once and don't have to worry about
   it ever again.

 * Pay Pal does not make their phone number available to its
   customers. Call our office anytime and you'll get a live
   person during business hours.

Main Difference between Pay Pal and a Merchant account:

The main difference between Pay Pal and a merchant account is
that funds are not processed through the merchants own merchant
account. All transactions are processed through one or more large
bank accounts that the merchant needs to access to get his funds.
They are not directly deposited into the merchants checking
account.

The accounts where these funds get pooled are typically too large
to be FDIC insured. The method of clearing and settling
transactions skirts the rules established by Visa and Mastercard
as well as state and federal bank regulations.

For more information on how your business may benefit from
accepting credit cards now. Click over to
http://www.cmscreditcards.com

Scott Burke; President of iMAX Business Solutions in
charge of sales, strategy, and execution and thus is
responsible for managing all aspects of the company's
marketing, communications, new accounts, and support.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cmscreditcards.com/

--- END ARTICLE ---

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  April 7, 2005)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Scott Burke can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl