Free-Reprint Article Written by: Julie Lohmeier
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    ReprintArticles-Paradise@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============
6 Easy Decorating Fixes

Article Description:
====================
Sometimes you don't need to spend a fortune to fix a decorating
mistake or problem.  In fact, easy and inexpensive solutions are
more common than you may think. Here are six cheap and simple
decorating fixes.

Additional Article Information:
===============================
Distribution Date and Time: Thu Mar 23 01:05:06 EST 2006

Written By:     Julie Lohmeier
Copyright:      2006

Article URL:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/l/6-easy-decorating-fixes.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Julie_Lohmeier

6 Easy Decorating Fixes
Copyright © 2006 Julie Lohmeier
My Home Redux
http://www.myhomeredux.com

Sometimes you don't need to spend a fortune to fix a decorating
mistake or problem.  In fact, easy and inexpensive solutions are
more common than you may think. Here are six cheap and simple
decorating fixes.

1) Paint.  Need to update a room or give it some flair. Paint is
the easiest and least expensive fix there is.  With a gallon or
two, about $50, you can give a room a brand new look.

2) Throws and pillows. Ok, so the sofa is getting worn and dated,
but the budget won't allow you to replace it yet.  What to do?
Casually drape some throw blankets across a corner and add some
coordinating pillows.  Don't just put the throw over the back,
have go on the corner, draping so it falls across an arm, part of
the back, and over a cushion.  We were selling our house and had
redecorated the whole thing, but we couldn't afford new couches
even though the dog had snagged the fabric with his claws.
Throws and pillows covered up the problem spots and made the
boring couches look romantic and inviting.

3) Area rugs. Have a problem floor or a spot?  Hide it with a
rug.  We had refinished hardwood floors in our first house, but
there was a water stain smack dab in the middle of the room that
no amount of standing could fix. We didn't have the money to
replace the floor so we bought a small oriental rug instead.
While the rug seemed expensive at the time, it was cheaper than
replacing half of the hardwood, added a warm luxurious feel to
the room, and it has lasted nearly 20 years!

4) New cabinet hardware. Cabinets make a big statement in a
kitchen or bath, but replacing them cost thousands of dollars.
For a simple way to update and dress up cabinets, simply change
the hardware. Get fancy knobs that make a statement. Spend a
little extra than you may normally because remember how much
you’re saving by not replacing your cabinets.

5) Slipcovers.  Yes, slipcovers. No longer are these the horrid
things your grandmother used. Now slipcovers come to be easily
put on, sized to fit well, and designed to be attractive and
modern.  Do a Google search, and you'll be surprised how many you
can find.

6) Sponging or rag painting.  Do you have a wall that's been
patched or had cracks repaired, but it's just not as smooth as it
once was?  A great way to camouflage it is to sponge or rag paint
the wall. The inherent texture of these painting techniques can
hide a multitude of plaster and dry wall sins.

See; you don't have to break the bank to easily fix some
decorating problems.

Julie Lohmeier is the veteran of numerous home remodeling and
building projects.  From working hands on and doing much of
the work herself to hiring contractors and construction managers,
she has seen the entire spectrum of home improvement.  She shares
her remodeling tips, home decorating ideas, and other various
rants at http://www.myhomeredux.com.  Subscribe to her free
newsletter at:
http://myhomeredux.typepad.com/blog/2005/09/get_my_home_red_2.html

@copyright 2006, Julie Lohmeier, www.myhomeredux.com

--- END ARTICLE ---

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  April 7, 2005)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Julie Lohmeier can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

and opinion of its author, Julie Lohmeier
http://www.myhomeredux.com

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links