Free-Reprint Article Written by: Mark Susnow
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    ReprintArticles-Paradise@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============
The Dance

Article Description:
====================
When was the last time you really challenged yourself and allowed
yourself to experience the feeling that maybe you won't be able
to get it and that perhaps you might fail?

Additional Article Information:
===============================
Distribution Date and Time: Thu Apr 27 00:07:59 EDT 2006

Written By:     Mark Susnow
Copyright:      2006

Article URL:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/s/the-dance.shtml
Mark Susnow's Picture URL:
   http://www.thephantomwriters.com/client-img/Mark-Susnow.jpg

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Mark_Susnow

The Dance
Copyright © 2006 Mark Susnow
Inspire Possibility
http://www.inspirepossibility.com/

When was the last time you really challenged yourself and allowed
yourself to experience the feeling that maybe you won't be able
to get it and that perhaps you might fail? I hadn't felt that way
for quite some time until my wife, Annie, suggested that we sign
up for some Salsa classes. I did have some reservations. Years
ago we had taken swing classes but didn't continue. This was a 10
week commitment every Monday night and I already had a prior
commitment once a month. And Annie had been dancing seriously her
entire life. Ready to try something new, I said "ok...let's do
it... sounds like fun."

As the day of the first class approached, I was amazed at all of
the emotions that I experienced. Although I was excited I also
felt reluctant and apprehensive. Perhaps by my sharing my
experience of becoming a beginner again, there will be insights
and parallels germane to other aspects of your life.

In some areas of my life I consider myself a slow learner and
dance was one of them. But it was back to being a beginner that
I resisted; the fear that I might embarrass myself and not look
good. Yet I knew that if I wasn't willing to become a beginner
again I wouldn't be able to expand what was possible in my life.
So we went and the first class wasn't fun. I was very self
conscious and felt like I had two left feet. I didn't like the
feeling of not getting it.

We came back the second week and it was a little easier although
not much. I still couldn't relax or feel the rhythm of the music.
The next few classes weren't much different. I felt tense most
of the time and glad when class was over. Sometimes I would find
myself looking over at the clock every five minutes or so
wondering if the class would ever end.

I kept going because I had made a commitment for ten weeks.
Without it, it would have been too easy for me to give up.
Because I have an understanding of the learning process I knew if
I had patience and stuck with it a breakthrough could occur; I
just didn't know when. Unfortunately I missed the next week and
the doubts resurfaced; maybe I'll forget all that I've learned
so far.

And that was the way I felt when I went to class the next time.
But this class had a different beginning. Our teacher, John, was
giving a lesson to a woman who looked like a ball room diva. And
she was exquisite...beautiful and graceful with her style and the
way she moved. Watching her dance was inspirational and it gave
me a glimpse of what was possible. My imagination has always been
a great friend to me. I could see myself dancing gracefully at a
dance club or even dancing in a contest.

As the class progressed I became more and more comfortable. By
the time the class was over I felt the rhythm for the first time
and I started to relax. That's when I had the breakthrough!

And it became fun!!! Yes pure fun. It was exciting and I moved in
a way that I had never before experienced. It put a big smile on
my face and I was reminded of how important it is to make time to
have fun in your life. My patience and faith in the learning
process made it possible for me to have this experience.

Although there were many new faces each week we were able to
create a supportive community. After class Annie and I and some
of the other students would meet at the café downstairs. During
this time some of the more advanced students shared their journey
with us. It was on one of those evenings that we met Larry.

Larry shared with us that he was also a slow learner and
suggested to me that I also go to a Wednesday class. He also
told us about the once a month Salsa Dances. With my new found
enthusiasm I left the cocoon to experience a different teacher
and different method of teaching.

It's been three months since we made the commitment. We just
reupped for 10 more classes. At this moment as I am writing it's
my intention to continue the dance. I don't have a crystal ball
so I don't know where this will lead to. And that's the way our
lives are. It's one big dance and there are no guarantees. But
if you don't try nothing will happen.

What usually stops us are our limiting beliefs and our desire to
know the likelihood of success before engaging in new endeavors
or relationships. If we just use our mind to try to figure it out
we can't know what is possible. It's only when we allow ourselves
to trust our intuition that we can be fully engaged in the dance
of life and feel its rhythm.

>From my experience as a musician working with dancers I know that
there is a moment when that magic happens. You don't know when it
will occur or if will but it's the possibility of it happening
that makes the dance of life exciting. But it might look
different than what you were expecting. Whatever stage you are in
your life stay open and be willing to be surprised. Be open to
the magic. What's possible in your life is much greater than you
can imagine.

Perhaps there was a time in your life when you were more in tune
with the flow of life. Life might have been more fun and you were
willing to take more risks. I know that you can find that place
again. Finding your unique dance and rhythm connects you with
that deeper place in yourself. And that is when you will be
connected to your authentic self and embraced by the magic of
life. ?

Keep dancing and share the journey by forwarding this letter to
those in your circle. Letters on Life is now read world wide and
is translated into 3 languages.

Journey On

Mark
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(415) 453-5016

Mark Susnow has a unique background. Formerly a successful trial
attorney for 30 years, as well as musician, he integrates what it
takes to be truly prosperous in the world with the inner wisdom
unfolded to him through years of yoga and meditation practice.
As a personal coach, leadership consultant and inspirational
speaker, Mark provides inspiration and motivation to many
business leaders and professionals. He knows what it means to
have a big vision and has demonstrated the courage and energy
it takes to accomplish it. Consider contacting Mark and be
sure to visit his website: http://www.inspirepossibility.com

--- END ARTICLE ---

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  April 7, 2005)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Mark Susnow can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl