publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.? Please do not
make changes without permission.? A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Easily Organize your Dresser
By Monica Resinger

I had a huge pile of clothes ON TOP of my dresser!? That's right, I said ON
TOP.? Why?? Because all my summer clothes were out, all my warm clothes were
out, all my clothes waiting until I lose weight were out and I had just
purchased a new outfit to add to the pile; there simply wasn't enough room in
my dresser drawers for all those clothes! I have to admit that things had
gotten away from me!

This resulted in numerous problems as you could imagine.? For one thing, it was
very hard to see all the choices my clothing offered when looking for something
to wear... I was limited to the top of the pile unless I wanted to dig... and
who wants to dig??? It also resulted in a lot more work since clothes would
fall to the floor and sometimes get stepped on then had to be re-washed.? Not
to mention that the pile was an eyesore to my bedroom.

So, I decided it was high time to do something about it!? I began by sorting
the clothes into 3 piles. ?

Pile 1 was clothes that I planned on storing away for future use.? It included
my summer clothes (tank tops & shorts) that I really love and some of the
clothes that are too small for me right now (I did my best to get rid of a lot
of them, but some were just too pretty to get rid of).

Pile 2 was clothes I planned on giving away.? It included clothes I hadn't worn
in a long time because I wasn't enthusiastic about them.? I have limited space
and I don't want to use it up on things I don't absolutely love!

Pile 3 was clothes I planned on currently keeping in my dresser.? It included
all clothes that I would wear from Fall through Spring; all that fit and that I
loved. ?

When I was finished sorting, I packed the clothes I planned on storing into 1
large lidded plastic storage bin and put it away.? Then I put the clothes I
planned on giving away into plastic grocery bags so I could put them into a
'Free Box' near the front sidewalk. ?

Then I designated my dresser drawers to certain types of clothing.? For
example, 1 drawer was for jeans & pants, another for underwear, another for
shirts, etc., then I put the clothes that I wanted to keep away in the
appropriate drawers.? I was happy to find that they all fit with room to
spare!? The top of my dresser was also cleared off so I had room to add a few
decorations.? What a difference! ?

For more organization tips, check out:
Guidebook for Getting and Staying Organized:?
Monica's Organization Tips:?
Kitchen Organization Tips:? Kitchen Organization Tips
Storage Solutions:?

Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home of
many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
Get a FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE e-zine
for homemakers!? To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up your FREE
e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:? [EMAIL PROTECTED]

of the Authors Copyright.Yahoo! Groups Links