*Please Send me the suitable profiles to [EMAIL PROTECTED] **for the
below mentioned requirement.*

*Position: Sr IBM Z Series Consultant*

*Location: Jersey City, New Jersey*

*Duration: 6+ Months *

*Rate: $55-58/Hr Best*

* *

*Face to Face is required.  Candidates in and around NJ required!!*

- manages the implementation of Enterprise Z systems across multiple
- Engineers in this role serve as a liaison between Operations,
Infrastructure and Application Development regarding the implementation and
maintenance of Z/VM and Z/Linux
- Maintains the operational health of the IBM System Z infrastructure and
the applications used to control it
- Evolves existing problems management processes to for both development and
production environments. Monitors log files, performance issues and the
production environment for mission critical systems

- Strong understanding of IBM System Z, hardware and software architectures
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical
- Needs to have a good understanding and experience of server and client
side architectures and systems design
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their
advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a
team environment
- Understands requested changes to Z series, its configuration and
implications to all user areas

* *
* Design, Plan and Implement Z series infrastructure
* Work with host groups to design Z series infrastructures that satisfy
business requirements.
* Management of Z series and configurations
* Management includes configuration, usage reporting, and allocation to
* Monitoring of file systems and Z series arrays will continue to be
performed by IBM and the Command Center.
* Collaboration with Architecture & Engineering on rules around IBM Z
* Create, document, and maintain rules of Z series systems and their
* Acquire, install, and allocate physical Z series and volumes to servers.
* Document Z series environment
* Create and maintain Z series documentation.
* Documentation to include all service levels for products and use of those
* First & second level support of Z series infrastructure
* Troubleshoot, maintain, and support of Z series and Z/VM.
* Work with host teams to resolve issues. Primary point of escalation to
vendor support.
* Z series vendor support contact
* Escalate Z series hardware and software related issues that cannot be
resolved in-house.
* Z series capacity planning and trending
* Work with server teams and application owners to plan for long-term and
short-term Z series and Z/VM needs.
* Pay attention to trends in Z series and Z/VM and make recommendations to
server teams and application owners.

* Update, maintain and tune z/VM operating systems and IFLs
* Understanding of configuring zLinux and Z/VM
* SMPE, HMC,OSA,I/O configurations, Book Technology, Capacity on Demand
* Mentor Junior personnel
* Out-of-the-box thinker driven to lower costs using
conventional/non-conventional solutions.
* Experience with SAN Switching Fabrics / protocols: Brocade, Cisco, Fiber
Channel, Fiber Channel over Internet Protocol (FCIP), FICON.
* Financial Services industry experience desired.
* Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills. Must be able to
prepare, present, and maintain technical documentation.
* Excellent computer skills are necessary in Microsoft Word, Excel,
Presentation, Project, and Visio.

*Primary Objective and Role:*

- Responsible for the providing comprehensive support for design,
implementation, and 3rd level support of all IBM System Z based applications
for all TD Ameritrade systems. This includes all program products require to
run on these platforms.
# of Years Required: * 5+ years expertise in z/VM with Z/Linux.

Direct: 732-734-4505
Main: 1-732-791-2348 xtn: 250
Fax: 732-907-1174/732-960-2339
Website: www.datagroupinc.net
accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience if any caused to you.