Please don't reply on this mail.

Please send me the suitable profiles to

Position: Sybase Operations DBA

Location: San Francisco, CA

Duration: 6-12 Months

Bill Rate: $35-38/Hr (Not Negotiable)

Job Description:

As a Database administrator, this person is responsible for the daily
administration of our data servers. This includes project and daily effort on
application support, trouble-shooting, migration, configuration, backup,
monitoring, performance planning, upgrading and improving security. This person
must have good client and project management skills. The candidate must be
capable of working individually as well as with a global team of skilled
technical individuals and strong enough to express his/her thoughts. The
individual should be self-motivated with good communication skills.

Required Skills:

·          Minimum of 5+ years Sybase DBA experience in a Sun-Solaris Unix

·          7 or more years as a relational DBA and/or Database Developer in a
relational environment

·          Able to install, configure and tune SYBASE data server software.

·          Able to install, configure and tune SYBASE Replication server

·          Experience with, or willingness to learn, SYBASE IQ Server

·          Experience with, or willingness to learn, Microsoft SQL Server
database administration

·          Recent database administration experience with MS SQL Server and
Oracle 10g is preferred

·          Experience providing production system DBA support in an on call

·          Proven ability to provide Development DBA support for developer
queries and requests.  This includes query tuning, server tuning, identifying
problematic code, etc.

·          Ability to perform SQL coding and assist developers with SQL
questions, including the areas of functionality and performance

·          Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly;
document issues from production problems, propose solutions and implement them.

·          Position requires candidate to carry a pager and/or cell phone 24/7
when on call and requires maintenance/installation work to be performed outside
of business hours.  On call rotation is infrequent outside of business hours

·          Continually contribute to group processes, techniques, knowledge,
etc. to improve the environment stability and group productivity

·          Experience in a NAS/SAN environment preferred

<<inline: clip_image001.jpg>>