Please don't reply to this mail.

Please send me the suitable profiles to

ROLE: Oracle / SQL Server DBA

Location: Chicago, IL

Duration: 3-6Months

Rate: $40-43/Hr

Local candidates HIGHLY preferred.

Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for
ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data
models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves
database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other
distributed data issues. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and
4 - 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Job

is all Oracle or all SQL. DBA role will be doing security changes on many
Oracle/SQL Servers. Please have the candidate's list security and patching
experience for both Oracle and SQL Server.

Resume must clearly articulate the size of the environments - both # of
databases they supported as well as the sizes for SQL instances and Oracle
instances for the past 2 years. If they have not been responsible for 50 or
more databases at one time, do not submit them. They will be solely responsible
for 50+ db's in this position and if they haven't worked with that many in the
past, they will not be able to keep up here. Resume must clearly articulate
substantial SQL Server & Oracle work. Stating SQL Server as a 'skill' is NOT
sufficient. Work with both SQL Server and Oracle must be recent!

Oracle/SQL Server DBA. This isn't for a specific project. It is production
support work for existing databases and applications. So we need someone who
has experience doing base support, as opposed to project work. Day to day phone
calls and email requests, enhancements and table changes, production to test
refreshes, things that are broken and need to be fixed, enhancing existing UNIX
monitoring scripts, etc.
. SQL Server DBA skills - installing SQL server, backup and recovery,
performance and tuning.
. Oracle DBA skills - Oracle 9 required, 10g nice to have.
. Support for oracle on Unix/Intel (AIX, HP, and Windows).
. Unix korn shell scripting for monitoring oracle.
. Oracle backup and recovery using RMAN.
. Oracle performance and tuning.
. Oracle installs and upgrades - patching.
. Oracle proactive monitoring.
. Oracle database design.
. Oracle utilities like export / import for complicated database refreshes.
. Perl skills - familiarity with perl - we are using it to monitor SQL server.
Must be a clear communicator - we do tons of conference calls with clients -
must be easy to understand. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and
clients at once - I can't stress this enough. HM has replaced 3 people because
they said they could do this and they couldn't! Must be a self starter who
takes initiative. Be able to do 24x7 support. Must be able to troubleshoot
system problems and work quickly to resolve system outages the problem.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to work within a large and diverse team
in many different cities. Must be able to communicate effectively with
different teams and provide courteous customer service. Must be able to achieve
results with little supervision. Must be willing to persevere until problems
are resolved and seek help from team members when appropriate - 'can do'
attitude. Must comply with company policies on change approvals.

Optional but nice to have:
. Teradata DBA
. Veritas NetBackup experience
. HP Openview experience