ONLY CITIZENS OR GC HOLDERS OR EAD/ LOCALS ONLY PLEASE
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Length: 5 Months+
Hours: 8/9am to 5/6pm with one hour unpaid lunch (hours are somewhat
Interview schedule: 1) phone screen (approx. 30 min) 2) In-person (approx. 2
hours and including 3 mgrs)
Project: After Market Research
Uses skills, abilities and experiences to architect, design, and develop
research applications for ThomsonOne.Com. The ideal candidate will have a
proven capacity to understand and apply principles of good design to
existing standards and management models, to interact with other groups
providing infrastructural elements, to analyze and identify potential
problems, and to develop and test robust solutions against established plans
and specifications. Emphasis is on initiative, independent judgment and
teamwork. We are looking for self-motivated engineers to work in Boston, MA.
Position may be a mixture of Web Development and Infrastructure behind it
(libraries/back end) but currently sounds like the focus will be
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Experience designing, developing and shipping production web applications
in a Microsoft .Net environment.
• Experience with the Visual Studio tool chain, including ASP .Net, mstest
• SQL Server experience, including logical design and programming.
• Review business requirements and functional specifications, develop
• Work in an agile development environment, with iteration
planning/estimating, test-driven development, continuous integration, pair
• Interact with cross functional groups including product management,
program management, system engineering, system QA and application support.
• Actively seek feedback, take responsibility for customer situations
(internal and external customers).
• Use independent judgment to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Work on complex problems and provide innovative solutions.
• Act as consultant on critical projects that impact long term
organizational goals and objectives.
100% development for initial project phase
Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
experience. Technically not critical but do not expect to find a qualified
candidate without at least a Bachelors degree.
• .Net and C# experience
• Fully competent in the entire software development lifecycle.
• General knowledge and application of engineering principles, theories and
• Experience with design patterns, OO design methodologies (UML, etc).
• Problem solving skills.
• Understanding of business environment.
• Written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• 5-10 years overall, minimum 3+ years Microsoft .Net
C++ and Java helpful (these are the systems being replaced)
DB experience is helpful: 1) SQL 2) Oracle
Prior TR experience
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at