*Please submit resumes to go...@metasenseusa.com *
*A large Healthcare Insurance firm, based in Boston* has asked SAS to find
two (2) UAT testers to support their Efficiency reporting UAT phase.
The Job Description and details are summarized below.
If one of the resources is stronger than the other in *Netezza*, that could
work, since the stronger could help the weaker.
*Job Description and details**:*
*Number of Resources**: Two (2)*
*Location**: Boston, MA *
*Duration**: 3 Months Plus *
Strong, working knowledge of Netezza:
- Ability to write SQL pass-through code so query is completely performed
- Knowledge of Netezza functions and the analogous SAS functions to
avoid bringing data back into SAS to use a function that could have been
done in Netezza,
- Some knowledge of Netezza architecture to write more optimized
queries which would take advantage of Netezza’s architectural hardware
enhancements for performance.
- Advanced PROC SQL
- Ability to generate efficient PROC SQL to be completely run in
- All summarizations, joins, drops, creates need to be done in
- Efficient use of CASE statements in Netezza,
- Efficient user of sub-queries,
- Knowledge of zone maps, primary keys, etc. in writing SQL to avoid
performing full table scans and efficient reading of Netezza tables.
- Base SAS with an emphasis on
- MACRO language
- Complex DATA step programming
- TABULATE and REPORT procedures
- Output Delivery System
- Summary Statistics
- Experience deconstructing SAS code and SAS MACROS written by others, as
part of a UAT testing process.
- Testing efficiency & validity of existing code
- Knowledge of healthcare industry a plus.
- Experience with multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to quickly grasp business logic/requirements and develop SAS
- Proficiency in personal computer and desktop applications; in
particular Microsoft Access and Excel
- Experience working under a Methodology driven approach (coding
standards, Unit/System/User Acceptance testing)
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Possess research skills and be a thorough and insightful tester of
· Ability to work as part of a team
- Hardware – IBM
- Operating System AIX
*General Business Problem*:
The project is now moving into UAT. The resource(s) need to help perform
UAT of work previously performed in building Efficiency related reports.
The work performed was replicating existing SAS reports the client had
developed using an inefficient process – they wanted to start with a fresh
approach, not using any of the existing code. All data was extracted from a
Data Warehouse / Data Mart that the client developed, called QEDM. This DW
/ DM is in Netezza, and can be viewed as a foundational data repository in
support of quality and efficiency measurement and reporting that will
advance the care management of the Insurer’s members, improve affordability,
enable quality improvement, fiscal management and improvements in
efficiency. The project involved taking data extracts from Netezza and then
populating Excel spreadsheets (no Pivot tables or hidden cells). The
headers and footers needed to be precise and included the customer
*Thanks & Regards,*
*NJ Minority Certified Company*
100 Technology Way, Suite 320
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Fax: (856) 475-0555
MetaSense Inc. is a Professional Services, Staff Augmentation, Web Design,
Call Center, BPO Company with offices located in Mt. Laurel, NJ. MetaSense
specializes in the delivery of cost effective, high-value Information
Technology and Business Solutions since its inception in 1999.
P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at