*Greetings from Robert,*
Direct client requirement. Please reply back to rob...@platinuminfosys.com with
suitable profile and expected rate on c2c/1099 All Inclusive. I will get
back to you at the earliest. Thanks
Job: Storage Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 + month contract
This position is for a lead technical role in the building applications and
databases by designing, automating and deploying applications and databases
from bare metal to running application on deployed infrastructure.
Candidates should have a strong background in building AIX and Linux
databases and allocating and provisioning storage that support an Oracle
backend. This is a hands-on role working collaboratively with development
and operations to enable quick builds in parallel project driven Agile
development environment. Deep focus AIX VIO LPAR and storage provisioning
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
1. Participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and
automate deployments of systems, network, and storage hardware and software
within client environment.
2. Expected to deliver innovation through automation to enable standard
deployable units of infrastructure through multiple environments into
3. Point of contact for projects responsible to identify, design and
deliver project infrastructure needs
4. Partners with Project Managers, Technical Architects, Technical
Managers, DBAs, Developers, QA, Operations to ensure infrastructure
deliverables has been deployed, validated and operational guidelines and
documentation has been handed over.
5. Willing to assume any role within infrastructure or in the assigned
project to drive delivery of the project within the standards set in
6. Influence others through presentations to the architecture group to
drive initiatives and technical project designs
7. Maintains a high degree of professionalism and mentorship as
cross-training, knowledge sharing, and presentations are required
8. Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in
some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s)
9. Focus on security best practices to ensure currency of our systems
providing solutions and assistance in security and compliance activities.
1. Required experience
1. 5-7+ years of AIX/Linux experience
2. Expert experience with AIX VIO LPAR
3. Expert experience with NIM and automated deploy for AIX
4. Expert experience scripting allocation and provisioning on storage
networks and NAS/SAN hardware
5. Working experience supporting multiple DB instances on Oracle RAC
6. Experience in network configuration such as Cisco IOS, Firewalls,
2. Desired experience
1. Open source monitoring tool chains such as Nagios, Cacti, MRTG,
SNMP, collectd, rrd,
2. Familiarity with some or all of the following: Apache, tomcat,
mysql, memcached, etc.
3. Business Acumen
1. Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast paced environment
2. Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently
manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter
3. Experience working in an agile development environment
*Robert **|** **Business Development Manager** **|**Platinum Infosys Inc*
*Email: **rob...@platinuminfosys.com* <rob...@platinuminfosys.com>*
*214-550-0248* **|** Fax: *214–260–1160* *
*Visit us @ **www.platinuminfosys.com* <http://www.platinuminfosys.com/>**
Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S.Congress this mail
cannot be considered spam as long as we include contact information and a
remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
mailing list, reply with
and include your “original e-mail address/addresses” in the subject heading.
We will immediately update it accordingly. We apologize for the
inconvenience if any caused. Thank You.
*Think Green:* *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at