We have an below urgent requirement from our client.
*Title: Sr Data Modeler*
*Location: *Southfield, MI
*Duration: *9+ months
*QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:*
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Data
Processing, Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- Minimum three - five (3-5) years data modeling experience.
- Minimum three - five (3-5) years Relational database (Sybase or Oracle)
experience (SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
- Three to five years experience with Unix/AIX preferred.
- Data modeling, Oracle database, and Unix/AIX experience can be
- One to three years Database Administration experience including
tuning/optimization and monitoring (preferred).
- Health care insurance systems experience (preferred; especially member,
provider, claims, and accounting subject areas).Health care insurance
systems experience (preferred; especially member, provider, claims, and
accounting subject areas).
- Understanding of Business Intelligence architectures.
- Experience working with business and IT teams.
- Experience in clarifying requirements and participating in analysis
sessions with the user community.
- Strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database
- Knowledge of database lifecycle design and application development.
- Ability to work with the appropriate business users to define data
- Data analysis/profiling and reverse engineering of data.
- Ability to work with other team members to design and maintain a
corporate data architecture that will allow the data warehouse to evolve
with the business.
- Define and maintain corporate metadata definitions for all reporting
databases (data stores and data marts) within a metadata repository.
- Define and maintain data dictionary.
- Develop, integrate, manage and promote enterprise level logical and
physical data models and data model standards that source data from multiple
origins (internal data sources, external data sources, third party data,
- Develop Business/Subject Area Logical Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams.
- Develop detailed mapping documents that will provide the reporting and
data warehouse team with source to target data mapping which will include
logical names, physical names, data types, corporate meta-data definitions,
and translation rules.
- Ability to work with other subject matter experts to develop data
storage strategies to support company needs.
- Define, develop, and implement joint data testing strategies with the
business and IT QA.
- Directs quality control and auditing to ensure accurate and appropriate
use of data.
- Perform data analysis on production data issues.
- Must be team-oriented and able to communicate effectively with all
levels of staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to
express oneself recognizing that communication is more than just language -
it includes tone, style and structure.
- Able to read and interpret documents including process, procedure, and
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work effectively on
multiple priorities with firm deliverable dates.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Active pursuit of continued technical expertise through independent
study and formal education.
- Participate in vendor/in-house offered technical training and seminars
as directed by BCN IT Management.
- Ability to travel if necessary for work or training.
- Ability to quickly locate and analyze data.
· Knowledge of database management structures (relational,
hierarchical, distributed and associated platforms.
· Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for efficient and
effective design and support of physical databases.
· Understand tuning concepts, such as query plan, indexes, and
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups
of activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for working with
individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge and ability to use and administer company technology
practices, standards and procedures.
· Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available at
the desktop (for example: word processing, e-mail, presentation software and
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules and
regulations governing proper business conduct.
- Additional Skills and Abilities a Plus:
- Application development experience
- Business Objects XI,,Brio
- TWS batch scheduling tool
- Informatica Power Center, Informatica Power Exchange
- Data quality tools
- System Architect
- Sybase database experience including querying tools such as SQL
- Sybase Replication
*Thanks & Regards.*
Sriven Technologies LLC ..,
E-Mail: **rajv...@sriventech.com* <s...@sriventech.com>*
Web: **www.sriventech.com* <http://www.sriventech.com/>*
Fax: 1866 725-2860*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at