*Greetings from Robert,*
Job: Linux Admin
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Duration: 6 Months Contract
*Job Description for Linux Administrator *
Should have around 8+ year of UNIX experience with 6+ years of demonstrated
experience and proficiency in managing and
maintaining Linux environment, will be responsible for: -
*Skills*: Linux (SUSE and Red Hat), VERITAS (Volume Manager/File
System), Veritas Cluster Server, EMC SAN, NAS , PowerPath (MPIO), HP ILO
knowledge, Oracle DB 10g, SAP ECC applications.
*Description & Responsibilities***
- Installation/Upgrade & Configuration of Servers – Network
Configuration, Firmware Install, OS Install, Filesystem Configuration.
- Hands-On experience in Suse Linux
- Knowledge of HP hardware and software. Ability to install Linux OS and
updating all the firmware needed to bring the server up to spec.
- Knowledge and experience in writing scripts, carrying out testing, and
changing system configurations.
- Patch implementation & maintenance, Licensing, Boot Prom Management
and Performance Management
- Service Management – NIS/NIS+/DNS/NFS/Samba/Send Mail, Capacity
- Security Administration – Add/remove/Troubleshoot Security Policies
- Experience in monitoring the performance of the server based hardware
and software. Ability to generate reports and troubleshoot system
- Recognize and interpret all application software error messages
displayed on console, as well as system problems, degradation in system or
network performance, and execution bottlenecks.
- Take corrective action on most complex problems, including use of
third-party support software, and inform supervisor, management or customer
- Should have good experience with Veritas (Volume Manager/File System)
and Veritas Clustering.
- Configure, implement, and maintain system file systems, Advanced File
Systems, Logical Storage Manager, and Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File
System, Veritas Clustering and other products within the VCS suite.
- Familiarity of EMC SAN and NAS configuration and usage, to include
installation and configuration of Host Bus Adapters HBAs, collection of
world wide name WWN information, configuring powerpath on SUSE linux etc.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting database infrastructure (eg
Oracle RAC, TIBCO) and SAP Applications (eg:SAP IPC, SAP CRM, SAP ECC) .
- ITIL foundation training (understanding of change, incident, and
- Work with [Client] stake holders to mutually agree which process
should be modified / tailored to create a new “best of breed” set of
delivery practices for the Engagement.
- Create and follow through on change control for any modifications to
the agency’s software or hardware infrastructure.
- Device Management – Installing & Configuring devices.
- Tool Management - Should be responsible for monitoring & installing
agents from OS side
- Syslog & Log management.
- Documentation – Systems/tool/Service management documents update.
This role also needs the person to perform Webmaster / Admin Activities on
Apache / Tomcat or any other Webservers.
Knowledge of BMC Remedy IT Service Management ticketing system will be a
*Robert **|** Business Development Manager **| **Platinum Infosys Inc*
*Email: **rob...@platinuminfosys.com* <rob...@platinuminfosys.com>* **| **
Phone**: *214-550-0248* **|** **Fax**: *214–260–1160* *
*Visit us** @ **www.platinuminfosys.com* <http://www.platinuminfosys.com/>**
Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S.Congress this
mail cannot be considered spam as long as we include contact information
and a remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
mailing list, reply with
and include your “original e-mail address/addresses” in the subject
heading. We will immediately update it accordingly. We apologize for the
inconvenience if any caused. Thank You.
*Think Green:* *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at