Please find the specs of the requirement below; kindly send suitable
profiles to *srika...@logisofttechinc.com
location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 1 year.
No. positions: 2
*SCOPE OF PROJECT*
The intent of this work order is to provide implementation and maintenance
support on network and networked systems at the SC Department of Revenue.
Key areas are virtual *Private Networking (VPN), TCP/IP, Local Area
Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and Internet security*.
Individual will administer *networking, firewalls, configurations, and
routing, and security* of agency components.
Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as support specialist
reporting directly to the South Carolina Department of Revenue. These
applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework and
related web enabled components. Support contractor must demonstrate an *expert
knowledge of Cisco, Brocade*, and Industry Leading Network components.
knowledge of VMWare and Windows 2003/2008*. General duties include managing
internal agency network for agency and branch offices, effectively
researching and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic
direction initiatives, monitoring network infrastructure and security,
assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios. Engineer will
be a team member that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data
and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and
optimization of all server and infrastructure systems. This individual has
24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
The following areas of SC DOR also need assistance in support, but these
are not a requirement to apply for this position. Experience in these areas
would be a plus: *SANs, Group Policies, VBscripting, Microsoft Exchange,
SharePoint, MS Project*.
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to
provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client
issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that
improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage
the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes
ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately
updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues
related to software setup and configuration.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by
resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator
error, and resolve or repair
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for
resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application
hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure
servers in collaboration with WAN group
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Lead and execute small projects
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote
information security among coworkers
- Qualified candidate will be responsible performing root cause
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Information Technology
*- Expert on Cisco, Brocade, Network Protocols*
*- Advanced on Windows Server 2008, Active Directory administration*
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network and server operating systems
- Working *technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and
Internet standards, including TCP/IP, and DNS, DHCP*.
- Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies,
procedures, and best practices.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure systems for Windows environments
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills a must.
- Able to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as
- Leading effective team meetings
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experienced hardware troubleshooting.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects up to 50 lbs,
such as servers and peripherals.
- Ability to craft proactive and automated scripts and tools
- Experience with *Virtual Environments*
- Current industry *certifications for Microsoft and Cisco*
- Experience and working knowledge of backup products and methodologies.
- Knowledge of *Virtual Machine operation, strengths, and weaknesses*.
- Experience with *VMware ESX administration*
- Support of web-based applications for internal (intranet) sites and
external (Internet) sites.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles and migrations from
different environments, such as development, production, etc…
- Extensive working knowledge of Internet protocols, tools and techniques
including but not limited to:
o Internet Information Server,
o Server operating systems installation and configuration,
*o Internet security,*
*o Virtual Private Networking (VPN),*
*o TCP/IP, Local Area Networks (LAN),*
*o Wide Area Networks (WAN),*
- *Dell Equipment, Dell SANS, SANs*
- Microsoft Office 2010
- *SharePoint 2010, Project 2010*
*- Experience with Projects operating under PMI methodology*
Thanks & Regards
Kindly submit your consultant profile to above Email ID. Email is the best
way to reach me out.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at