Title: Sr Network Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Length: 6 Months+
MUST have Service Provider experience (Cox, DirecTV, Comcast, etc…).
Location: Denver, CO (must be onsite, no remote)
Duration: 6 months plus
CCIE Service Provider preferred but not required. Prefer a seasoned CCNP
level resource with very strong SP exp. (minimum 5 years).
Charter Spectrum is a new Cable/video set-top on-screen guide (similar to
Comcast Xfinity) in which every channel in the guide is has streaming video
of what is current being broadcast on that channel. So unlike your guide
today whereas there is just one large video in the upper right hand there
will be multiple mpeg streams for every channel on the guide list. This
requires about 1-1.5Mb of bandwidth streaming from Charter Data Center to
every set top that is currently in guide mode. To account for this
bandwidth Charter has been upgrading all of their regional networks to
transport all the projected bandwidth from the Data Centers to each local
market. Imagine if all the subscribers in a single market all went to the
channel guide at the same time (like soon as a presidential update is
coming on). Charter has been upgrading their Core routers from older
CRS-3’s to new ASR9912’s for high density 10 and 100Gb applications. The
Markets that Charter is currently working on are MN, WI, and SC/NC areas.
These skills that are MUST HAVES for Engineering Resources:
· 5 years minimum exp in the Service Provider space (Cox, Comcast,
· Must have 7600 to ASR9k migration exp and CRS IOS XR exp (4.x and 5.x ep)
· CCNP or CCIE very strong level technically
· Experience with software upgrades and downgrades on IOS-XR (CRS & ASR9K)
· Ability to troubleshoot software upgrade/downgrade issues
· Knowledge of SMU’s and PIE’s
· Knowledge of ISIS and BGP protocols
· Experience with installation and activation of software service paks and
· Experience with CRS-3 and CRS-X HW (fabrics, RP’s, PRP’s, Linecards)
· Experience with ASR9K HW (RSP440, MOD80, 24x10, 2x100, 8x100, NCS PP)
· Experience with troubleshooting optics (XFP, CFP, CPAK, SFP+, Xenpak)
· Baseline knowledge of troubleshooting fiber issues (tx power, rcv power,
singlemode, multimode, mpo cables)
· Experience with CRS 7600 and ASR9K power systems
· Ability to write MOP’s and speak to senior level Charter execs
· Excellent comms skills a MUST (9/10)!!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.