Business Systems Analyst
*Location:* MA Boston
The purpose of this role is to act as the liaison between the business and
IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical
solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by
providing the technical analysis of business requirements (including
translation into functional requirements), problem solving and
troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring
that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in
testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out
process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals. This role is
- Understanding the business processes and the interdependencies of various
systems in use.
- Facilitating interactive discussions with the business unit and
technology teams in order to achieve alignment on defining requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing, documenting and translating business requirements
into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement
solutions to meet the business objectives.
- Managing the change control and traceability processes for requirements.
- Collaborating with architects to ensure alignment of requirements with
- Analyzing complex system and system-related problems for the business
unit and making recommendations for improvements or new designs
- Identifying potential solutions for the business and providing input into
any risks and issues
- Creating and implementing test plans (schedule, approach, cases, scripts
and conditions, etc.), including production check out and measuring testing
- Ensuring the testing environment has sufficient test data to carry out
the full test plans
- Ensuring all quality standards and techniques are followed, including
compiling and publishing artifacts and deliverables of the Ameriprise
Project Management Methodology using the Capability Maturity Model
integrated (CMMi) methods as required
- Updating/creating user and technical documentation procedures and
manuals, operational support documentation, and archival of project
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues and potential solution
strategies along with providing status updates to the portfolio/project
manager and/or senior leadership. The ideal candidate for this position
- Solid understanding of the processes and systems in use (or the ability
to quickly acquire the knowledge)
- The ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of
all levels across the organization and external partners as required
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively influencing decision making at
various levels of the organizations.
- An attention for detail with the ability to translate for the business or
technology in order to facilitate effective collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirement and process tools (e.g. Visio,
Provision, DOORS, HP Quality Center, etc.)
- Ability to handle changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and work
within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with the
ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
- BA and/or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work
**SENIOR level Business Systems Analyst
** 8++ years of experience as a BSA.
BSA will be supporting a PM/Program Manager on 5 various projects.
This is a very high level role with a high regard for Client/Business
Facing. Candidates must have experience on either a sales force project or
*Top responsibilities: *
1) Elicitation of requirement,
2) Developing Test Plans,
3) Implementation of plans,
4) Facilitating plan and coordination/follow-up.
Must be well versed on Business facing. Expert level analysis skills
including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate
those into requirements. Expert level understanding of business functional
areas and management issues. Exceptional written and verbal communications
skills Experience working within a defined development life cycle
Thanks & Regards
Bourntec Solutions, Inc.,
Phone: 847 780 1045 Ext 6272
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.