*Test Engineer*

*Richmond, VA (Face to Face) *

*Long term Contract *

*EAD GC/ GC and USC Only *

We are looking for smart, creative, hard-working people and who share our
vision of superior client service. We're a close-knit group of
professionals dedicated to helping our partner colleges and universities
meet their goals – and to helping students make informed college choices.
We are passionate about our work and are looking for people who want to
share that passion.  We leverage open source technologies and encourage
community involvement (contributing code to open source projects,
publishing jQuery plugins, etc).

*What You'll Be Doing:*

Ø  As a Test Engineer you are involved with many aspects of the software
development process, including: test plan and test case creation, execution
of test cases, reporting any defects found, as well as working with
engineers to resolve defects.

Ø  You will build and assist in the building of tools and testing
environments used in the process of software testing.

Ø  You also provide support to users when new code has been deployed to
production.

Here are some of the essential functions you will be doing:

   - Writing test cases that will be run manually to exercise specific
   functionality in the software.
   - Creating, maintaining and reviewing automated tests
   - Identifying and maintaining regression test cases to be used when
   testing upgrades to existing applications.
   - Collaborating with developers, and assisting as needed with unit
   testing, functional testing or load testing.
   - Documenting any defects discovered during testing so that developers
   can understand and correct errors.
   - Researching issues or questions about the software as they arise from
   various departments
   - Understanding the end user needs, connect the technical designs, test
   approaches to end user outcomes
   - Work with development and business in evaluating the performance and
   scalability of the applications
   - Work with end users in driving the intuitive usability of the
   applications.
   - Pro-actively documenting and presenting any ideas for improvements or
   enhancements to existing processes that will yield greater operational
   efficiencies or controls to prevent errors.
   - Working with the team to assist with creating more efficient testing
   processes through various means, such as:
      - Use of tools available in the marketplace, both open source and
      purchased software.
      - Application of testing methods or combinations of testing methods.
      - Utilizing past experiences with what works well.

*What You Need:*

About You:

   - Pro-active problem solver.
   - Detail-oriented, have a logical mind-set and understand programming
   logic.
   - Excellent at organization and  time management
   - Comfortable communicating with others at all levels
   - Someone who can adapt to changing priorities.
   - Someone who thrives in fast-paced work environments - both independent
   and team.
   - Want to take initiative and desire to constantly learn more.

*Minimum Qualifications:*

   - Working knowledge of *SQL.*
   - Solid understanding of *relational databases* and how they work.
   - *Solid understanding of HTTP*.

*Even Better:*

   - Have experience building a website.
   - Minimum 1 year experience writing test plans and test cases.
   - Working knowledge of *nonrelational databases, such as MongoDB*
   - *Working knowledge of automation test tools, such as Selenium IDE and
   Sahi*
   - Familiar with *Java and JavaScript *

*Thanks *

*Ashok Kumar *