*Please submit resumes to go...@lancoglobal.com <go...@lancoglobal.com>*
*SQL SERVER PRODUCTION DBA *
*Only LOCALS HIGHLY required*
Work Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 12 months
*In case of H1b consultants visa copy is a must.*
In this role, the DBA will design, build, test, and deploy quality database
solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology
architecture standards and departmental best practices.
The DBA will design and implement database strategies, administer
enterprise-wide data architecture, implement complex data structures, and
provide daily management of Global Trading Systems.
Additional specific service requirements include but not limited to:
• Support activities such as Application DBA, major and minor system
upgrades, routine administration and maintenance tasks, Incident requests,
change requests, annual compliance reviews in accordance with Company,
Policy and release management
• Support requirement requires the contractor to work sometimes on week
nights and/or weekends only for critical incidents and tasks.
** Contractor to hire opportunity (No timeframe has been establish for
*Notes from Manager: *
*Resource will be working a productions support role on existing
application systems. They may get involved with the projects but that is
not their main responsibility. *
*They will be providing relief for DBA currently working on both production
and project support. *
*Will be supporting global trading systems including off the shelf and
proprietary systems (6 primary applications and an additional 12-15
*Day to day will be maintaining the system as well as troubleshooting if
there are any issues. *
*Will be working on a daily basis with another DBA supporting three teams
(Tech team, DEB team, and FAS team). There is another DBA that sits in
Argentina that will be working with. *
*Must have skills include: *
1. *SQL Server experience versions 08, 12, and 14, Performance Analysis and
Tuning (Very important to manager since resource will be troubleshooting
and optimizing), High Availability Solutions (AlwaysOn) and Clustering, and
Scripting and reporting tools (SSRS,SSIS, etc). *
*Nice to have skills: *
*SQL Server 2016, Trading systems knowledge, Oil/Gas experience, Oracle,
Unix/Linux, PL/SQL, Replication experience (Transaction and Snapshot). *
*Interview process includes: Phone interview and then In-Person interview.
Interviewers include manager and two team members. *
*Note. This role could potentially turn into a contract to hire role after
a year. Please make sure that this is communicated to the candidates but
also remind them that there are no guarantees that it will move into a full
Basic Job Summary:
The Database Administrator is responsible for data analysis and database
management. Database Administrators typically are involved in maintenance,
enhancement, designing of data dictionaries, physical and logical database
models, and performance tuning. Database Administrators are also
responsible for understanding , configuring, and managing database
Scope of Work Examples:
Application database and OS scripting efforts include PL/SQL Coding , TSQL,
SQL, report Generation scripts, shell scripting, PERL, Powershell, and data
loading methods and utilities.
- Database Administrator with 5-7 years of experience.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting for database
- Performs application database maintenance and provide technical
assistance to the users.
- Manages database account access and database object changes.
- Ensures that monitoring and alerts are properly in place to meet database
- Performs application database and OS scripting
- Reviews Information Protection compliance reports and notifications for
individual databases and internal processes (including compliance updates
and compliance set ups)
- Performs data purging and data replication activities
- Performs database recovery from logs, hot & cold backups, Export/Imports
and Disaster Recovery.
- Performs database creation decommissioning and database
updates/migrations to a higher/lower version or cross platform migrations.
Also involved in database, schema and object refresh activities.
- Monitors and reports existing database Instance, Database, Server
activities for CPU, Memory, Cache, Logs performance and recommends
effective resource utilization/emergency recovery procedures.
- Provides Escalation Level 2 Technical 24x7 support
- Performs Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery activities during Business
Continuity Plan events
- Plans, schedules, and implements operating system software installs and
patches (including 3rd party tools) using change management and release
• Design, implement, integrate, secure, performance tune, and maintain SQL
Server database and data warehouse systems operating in a MS Windows server
• Provide integration assistance with database/data warehouse applications,
as well as database/data warehouse connectivity with middleware components
• Provide consulting, interfacing and standards relating to database
• Manage data as a valuable corporate asset by ensuring company policy
compliance for Database and Information technical control requirements
(e.g., Information Protection, etc.).
• Keep current on corporate data management technology standards, best
practices, and Information protection technical controls.
• Develop and maintain documentation and training materials for both
internal team use and Chevron-wide knowledge sharing purposes.• Proactively
looks for opportunities to improve current processes.
• Operates within service level agreements.
• This position will require occasional after-hours and weekend work.
Ideal candidate must have 7 or more years of recent IT data management
technology related experiences:
• *Experience in SQL Server DBA including: database architecture,
performance analysis & tuning, security, capacity planning, backup &
recovery solutions, high-availability solutions (Database Mirroring,
Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, AlwaysOn Availability Groups),
installation and upgrades, DB infrastructure design and standards,
application database administration, and troubleshooting. *
*• SQL Server- SQL coding and stored procedure programming such as, TSQL,
XML. • MS Windows operating systems experience including shell scripting. *
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT related or
engineering related fields.
• Problem Solving and Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze wide range of
problems, assess risks/benefits of alternatives, develop and implement
creative solutions using multiple technologies while adhering to change
control methodology to meet business objectives.
• Communication Skills: Ability to communicate in English clearly and
effectively both verbally and in writing, including presentations to a
diverse audience of peers, management and business partners.
• Organization Skills: Able to balance and prioritize a varied workload for
multiple business partners including long-term projects with day-to-day
support duties under minimal supervision.
• Customer Focus: Proactively builds and maintains good relationships with
•* Data Warehouse delivery and ETL technology including; SQL Server (SS)
Integration Services, SS Analysis Services and SS Reporting Services*
• Build, manage and support Complex Replication solutions
• Ability to work remotely on database support with global team
• Teamwork is very essential in this position.
*Thanks & Regards,*
*972-848-3529 X 301*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.