I would like to work on the bug id:-6597979.The following is the
description of the bug:-

Category
   utility
Sub-Category
   editor
Description
   upon encountering certain lines, or appending nothing,
ed will allow you to move past the end
(beginning) of the buffer,
without an error message.
This can also result in data loss.
Frequency
   Always
Regression
   No
Steps to Reproduce
   ed nonexistent-file
.
<press enter again>
at this point, you'll be on the extra line:
some text that will be lost
.
Expected Result
   I expected an error to occur after pressing enter after leaving
append mode.
Actual Result
   Ed moved me onto a line that should not
exist, with the appearance of a blank line. If data is appended here,
it gets lost.
This also occurs, in a more limited fassion, if a line starting with a
. is at  the beginning (or end) of a file.
In this case, it lets you go past that boundary of the buffer, and the
process repeats.
Error Message(s)

Test Case

Workaround