Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>> I would like to work on getting the core platform support (namely
>> /platform links and the custom platmod support) for TAD,Viper into
>> OpenSolaris.
>>
>> The bug  came in with CR 6458566, and it is not in b.o.o yet.
>
> I'll take this one, if or no other reason than Garrett and I have
> worked together before.
>
> Note that this will need a quick simple ARC case to reserve the name
> into $PLATFORM namespace, I'll sponsor that part as well.

Great.  Okay, so I've got a platmod that seems to work, and I've got
stuff to add to the following packages:

    SUNWcakr.u
    SUNWcar.u
    SUNWkvm.u
    SUNWhea

Essentially all this does is set up the /platform and /usr/platform
links, and populate an initial platmod and ppm.conf file.  (From
uts/sun4u/viper.)  Here's the system info for this system:

# uname -a
SunOS bullfrog 5.11 snv_44 sun4u sparc TAD,Viper

There will be future stuff we want to add (primarily for power
management), but we can do that as a separate case.  For now I think my
code is pretty much ready to go.

I'm in the process of trying to make sure our company has an SCA in place.

What else do I need to do to make this happen?  (I.e. what is the next
step?)

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191