The following message bounced. Can you redirect as appropriate or advise
how I can make the indicated updates myself?

Thanks, Jack

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: CR 6920007 Updated, P3 idmap/idmapd Workgroup mode dns
query for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs
Date:   Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:44:49 -0700
From:   Jack Whitehead <jackwhiteh...@shaw.ca>
To:     bugmail-sender at Sun.COM

I am trying to add a comment to this CR via bugs.opensolaris.org but I
can't find a way to do that.

I find that this problem only occurs if the domain name in
/etc/resolv.conf is a registered domain. It turns out that the name I
was using became registered to someone else at some point (jcw.ca). The
name I am using now (JackWhitehead.ca) is not registered and the problem
does occur. So, the following resolv.conf results in the problem...

domain jcw.ca
nameserver 64.59.128.121
nameserver 64.59.135.143

With this one, no problem (reboot after changing resolv.conf).

domain JackWhitehead.ca
nameserver 64.59.128.121
nameserver 64.59.135.143

Jack