On Sep 15, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Rob Lockstone wrote:

> Can you give more information about the environment: exact OS, exact
> resin version, exact JDK version, etc. You say "the same resin is
> working fine on other servers." I'm unsure how to read that. Do you
> mean that, bit for bit, the servers are identical, running the exact
> same code in the exact same environment? That seems implausible given
> what you say. Therefore, there must be some difference(s) between the
> servers that are behaving as you expect, and the one that isn't.

Actually, the most important information would be which sockets these
are.  Are they srun sockets from Apache to Resin, or database
connections, or persistent session sockets from Resin to Resin?

The CLOSE_WAIT means one end of the socket has closed, but the other
end has not closed it.  So, you'd need to know which processes have
each end of the socket.

-- Scott