On Nov 2, 2006, at 7:34 AM, Leland, Robert wrote:

> In our three machine cluster the load distribution is:
> server 1 is handling about 50% (Dell 2850)
> Server 2 is handling about 25% (Dell 2650)
> Server 3 is handling about 25% (Dell 2650)
>
> DNS is pointing to Server 1 & Server 2, in a round robin fashion.
>
> Is the uneven distribution because resin is detecting that server 1 is
> more powerful ?

Possibly.

Currently, Resin distributes a new connection to the server with the
least number of active connections.  (With 3.1, we might add a CPU
usage component to that cost calculation.)

If one server is faster, it will complete connections faster and
therefore be ready for a new connection before the other servers.
So, if that server is twice as fast at completing connections, it
should get twice the number of connections.

-- Scott