On Nov 7, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Marshall Levin wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to run one of our existing PHP sites under Quercus and I
> frequently get this error:
>
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
> com.caucho.quercus.env.BinaryBuilderValue at
> com.caucho.quercus.env.StringValue.append(StringValue.java:663)
>
> The strange thing is that the first time I hit a page, it works fine,
> but the second time I hit that same page, I get this error -- and then
> from then on I get it until I bounce Resin.

I've added it as a bug report at http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=1446

The first page hit runs Quercus in interpreted mode; the second hit
runs the compiled page.  So there's something in the compiled mode
which hasn't been properly implemented.  In other words, the behavior
isn't as random as it might appear.

-- Scott