Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 10:32 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: [Resin-interest] Resin cluster performance drops with number of nodes

I'm evaluating the resin-cluster capabilities. My problem is
that with the current setup using just one node performes
much better than having two nodes running.

The setup is:
Two apache server as frontend, I use the mod_caucho
module as load-balancer, two resin server. One Apache
and one resin instance is running on one physical server.

I tested the performance with Jmeter. Throughput with one
resin node running is about the double of the throughput
when I use both resin nodes (same load-Jmeter setup / 80 Users).
I was expecting an increased throughput having 2 nodes running.

Could that be a configuration issue? What are common
reasons for that behavior? Any ideas?