I am trying to upgrade from resin pro 3.0.21 to resin pro 3.1.2.

Under resin 3.0.21 I set certain environment variable in my start script
before starting resin (things to setup my oracle client like PATH,

Now under 3.1.2... I am trying to set these same environment variable in
the start script before starting resin...
---This works fine if I start resin in the foreground
---This fails if I start resin in the background... all environment
variable settings are being passed to the child process and set
correctly ```except``` LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  my child process's
LD_LIBRARY_PATH always ends up being just the Java and resin paths.

What am I doing wrong?  How do I control the child LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Thanks in advance for any help