Sorry, I was talking about the whole problem with etags and a server farm,
not only about activate/deactivate the etag header. For instance, I'm not
sure if the etag value is calculated in Resin taking account the server or
only the resource (url, file size, etc). In the later case two identical
resources in two servers will have the same etag so there will be no problem
at all.

Anyway i'm right now looking to the FileServlet implementation in Resin and
i guess i'll have some of the answers i'm looking for reviewing the code :).

Thanks for your answer,