Hi Joey,

I'm using this with Resin 2.1.17 and I just specify
-Djava.security.policy=/path_to_file at the command line when executing
httdp.sh.

However, if I'm not mistaken, with 3.1.2 you would need to specify it
through the resin.conf file with
<jvm-arg>-Djava.security.policy=/path_to_file</jvm-arg>
at the <server-default> level, for example.

Regarding load balancing: no, I don't use any load balancer but as you
say that should not make a difference. You simply need to create an
empty policy file or with the most basic permissions and with that you
will be able to check if Resin is reading & applying the policy file or
not. If it does, Resin won't start as you need to explicitely give
permission to the Caucho classes to be able to open ports, create
temporary files etc. so you will see inmediately.

I'll do a quick test on a local Resin 3.1.2 to see if it works as
expected and come back to you.

S!
D.