you can do this in the deployment descriptor, or presumably in the
resin config file as well.  in the deployment descriptor, it'd look
something like

  <jsp-config>
    <jsp-property-group>
      <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
      <page-encoding>text/html; charset=UTF-8</page-encoding>
    </jsp-property-group>
  </jsp-config>

that's from memory, but there's certainly something about this in the
JSP2.0 spec.

On Oct 2, 2007, at 1:48 PM, Keith Fetterman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to convert the default page encoding for JSP pages to UTF-8.
>
> Is there a way to change the default page encoding for JSP pages in
> the
> resin.conf or web.xml files for a Web application?
>
> We have successfully done this for a specific page if we include the
> following directive in the JSP page:
>
> <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
>
> I was wondering if there is a way that can do this in the resin
> configuration so we don't have to do it for each JSP page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
>

> --

joe