Hi Joe,

Thanks for sending this.  I tried it and it didn't do what I need.  I
discovered that you can only specify the character set in the
<page-encoding> tag.  You can't specify the content type.  So I
specified "UTF-8".  When I look at the response headers sent by Resin,
the character set is not included.

So far, the only way that I have discovered to communicate to the
browser the character endcoding is by explicitly setting the content
type via

  <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

Using the JSP directive:

<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

and the web.xml tags that you mentioned in your email do not cause resin
to modify any response headers to include the page encoding or character
set. I wonder what the purpose of the pageEncoding directives are for.

Or is it that Resin isn't working correctly.

What I need are tags similar to what you specified by will set the
default content type for all JSP pages in a Web app.

I had also tried the following tags in web.xml:

<locale-encoding-mapping-list>
   <locale-encoding-mapping>
     <locale>en_US</locale>
     <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
   </locale-encoding-mapping>
</locale-encoding-mapping-list>

But they didn't work either.

Joe, any chance you see something that I have missed?

Thanks a lot.

Keith