--- Huitang Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found the cause of the problem by debugging the resin 3.1.3
> source code.
>
> The problem is caused by the setPrefix() method in the class
> XMLStreamWriterImpl (the implementation class of XMLStreamWriter).
> Whenever this method is called, by default the namespace will not
> be
> included in generating the element. I did not look at the Axis2
> implemention of this XMLStreamWriter yet. However, axis2 does not
> have
> this side effect when the setPrefix() is called. Not sure whether
> this
> is a bug for resin or not. It would be awesome if resin developers
> can
> consider this case when they modify XMLStreamWriterImpl class.

Huitang,

I've been looking into reproducing this problem, but I haven't been
able to do so.  Can you let me know where in Axis it is calling
setPrefix()?  In my own testing, I can't find any difference in the
behavior between Resin's XMLStreamWriterImpl and Axis'.

Thanks,
Emil

Emil Ong
Software Engineer