In my (limited) experience, the watchdog process is determined by the
value of "watchdog-port" configured for the server. If you don't
configure a port explicitly, all servers will use the same default
value, and hence the same watchdog process.

I was also surprised that this works "across users". Apparently, any
user can connect to any watchdog, and the server runs (by default) as
the user running the watchdog process.

Best regards,

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:56:19 -0800, "Chris Chen"