On Jan 10, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Sashidhar Guduri wrote:

> Servlet 2.4 spec guarantees the order of the listener creation is
> the order in which they are specified in the web.xml. In Resin, if
> I specify a listener in the web-app-default part of resin.conf, how
> do I make sure that one is created before the ones specified in the
> web.xml. Is that even possible?

The order is the same as in the resin.conf.  web-app-defaults are
applied before any explicit <web-app>

The trick, though, is that WEB-INF/web.xml and WEB-INF/resin-web.xml
are defined in resin/conf/app-default.xml in a web-app-default.

So, it matters where your web-app-default is.  If it's before the
<resin:import> of app-default.xml, it will be applied first.

You can change the order a bit by using a <prologue> tag around your
defaults.  Resin really does two passes:

   1. all the web-app-default values with a <prologue>
   2. all the web-app-default values outside the <prologue>

-- Scott