Andrew Fritz wrote (2008-04-18 16:37):
> I am using remote debugging (and profiling also) with IntelliJ. I
> assume it is tool agnostic. Here are the relevant JVM args from my
> server.conf file:
>
> <jvm-args>-Xdebug</jvm-args>
> <jvm-args>-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9080</jvm-args>
>

> ... I just have a production and a dev conf file. That also lets me
> deal with things like our production machines having 16Gb of ram and
> my laptop only having 2Gb of ram.
>
> For a previous problem others suggested defining a variable in the
> startup comment:
>
> java -Ddev=true -jar lib/resin.jar ...
>
> and then use that define in the config files. I suppose you could do
> that for this as well.
Right! That is a good tip.
However, <jvm-arg> tags inside a <resin:if> causes the exception below.
Seems really strange to me!

....server-root\conf\resin.conf:57: 'jvm-arg' is an unknown property of
'com.caucho.server.cluster.Server'.

55:       <jvm-arg>-Xdebug</jvm-arg>
56:       <resin:if test="${system['debug']}">
57:         <jvm-arg>-Xmn256M</jvm-arg>

 at com.caucho.config.ConfigContext.error(ConfigContext.java:1115)
 at
com.caucho.config.ConfigContext.configureChildNode(ConfigContext.java:443)
 at
com.caucho.config.ConfigContext.configureAttribute(ConfigContext.java:322)
 at
com.caucho.config.program.NodeBuilderChildProgram.inject(NodeBuilderChildProgram.java:55)
 at
com.caucho.config.program.ContainerProgram.inject(ContainerProgram.java:80)
 at com.caucho.config.program.ConfigProgram.configure(ConfigProgram.java:60)
 at com.caucho.config.core.ResinIf.init(ResinIf.java:71)
 at
 at
 at
com.caucho.config.j2ee.PostConstructProgram.inject(PostConstructProgram.java:60)
 at com.caucho.config.type.BeanType.init(BeanType.java:226)
 at
com.caucho.config.ConfigContext.configureChildNode(ConfigContext.java:505)
 at
com.caucho.config.ConfigContext.configureAttribute(ConfigContext.java:322)
 at
com.caucho.config.program.NodeBuilderChildProgram.inject(NodeBuilderChildProgram.java:55)
 at
com.caucho.config.program.ContainerProgram.inject(ContainerProgram.java:80)
 at com.caucho.config.program.ConfigProgram.configure(ConfigProgram.java:60)
 at com.caucho.server.cluster.Server.<init>(Server.java:199)
 at com.caucho.server.cluster.Cluster.startServer(Cluster.java:706)
 at
com.caucho.server.cluster.ClusterServer.startServer(ClusterServer.java:528)
 at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.start(Resin.java:695)
 at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.initMain(Resin.java:1139)
 at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.main(Resin.java:1341)