Hi there,

We have a server running under Digital Unix, JDK 1.4 and Resin 3.0.21.
Due to some problems with a library, the context is being restarted
every hour, through a "touch web.xml", and it usually runs fine.

However, this morning the server failed to restart appropriately, the
whole instance had been restarted 5 hours before, and looking at the
logs, the application reported that ServletContext.getRealPath("") had
returned RESIN_HOME instead of the application context... not sure if
that was the cause or just a symptom but in any case our service failed
to restart appropriately, with libraries failing to load components.

The service logs its base directory each time it is restarted, and it's
done 23 times a day, 7 days a week, so I really doubt it's our service
reporting incorrectly what ServletContext.getRealPath("") returns, as it
is quite a "basic" method.

It's just happened this time and due to the strange nature of the error
and the old platform I have to use, I cannot upgrade and do reliable
tests, but I just wanted to notify, just in case it helps detecting
other kind of problems. It might be a weird synchronization issue as
service is restarted while traffic is hitting it.

S!
D.
Daniel Lopez Janariz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Web Services
Centre for Information and Technology
Balearic Islands University
(SPAIN)