Scott,
Just upgraded  1 test server to 3.1.6. Am using a watchdog conf file with
the following in it

<watchdog id="commswiki">
      <resin-conf>/var/web/conf/commswiki.conf</resin-conf>
      <!-- <resin-root>/var/web</resin-root> -->
      <open-port address="150.237.47.46" port="80"/>
      <jvm-arg>-Xmx256m</jvm-arg>

Had to comment out the <resin-root>... Config entry as it generated an error
when I started it
Alex