On Aug 3, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Stephane Eybert wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I ran a request against a PHP page served by Resin and Quercus on a
> Linux
> Debian Resin 3.1.6 server.
>
> The response came after 1mn23s.
>
> I ran the same request against PHP Version 4.4.4-8 and the response
> came
> after 53s.
>
> I was not using any php caching system like eaccelerator.
>
> The php source code files were actually the same files in both tests.
>
> When using the php cache system eaccelerator the response came after
> 24s.

What does your benchmark do?  You can't report a benchmark result with
mystery code, and a page that takes 1 minute is pretty mysterious.

> I wonder how can one achieve the stated benchmark of "4 times
> faster" with
> Resin.

Our benchmarks are against well-known, complete applications: Drupal,
Mediawiki, Wordpress.  They've been reproduced independently:

http://www.workhabit.org/resin-backed-php-drives-4x-performance-improvements-drupal

Now, it's entirely possible that your code is running some feature
that's slower on Quercus, and that would be useful information for
us.  But mystery code doesn't help anyone.

-- Scott