On Aug 27, 2008, at 10:05, Rob Lockstone wrote:

On Aug 27, 2008, at 9:29 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Rob Lockstone wrote:

On Aug 26, 2008, at 09:40, Scott Ferguson wrote:

It should, though.  The watchdog should be starting Resin with
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include the libexec directory, which should
be loading the jnilib files.

Is that logged anywhere? I don't see it mentioned in the watchdog log,
nor anywhere on the resin-admin pages. And, at least with my install
of 3.1.6 Pro, those libs aren't getting picked up unless I copy them
into /Library/Java/Extensions.

It would be logged with -verbose.  We should probably also add it
somewhere in /resin-admin.

Ok, got it. Here's what's being logged:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: /resin/libexec:null/resin/libexec

What's the deal with 'null/resin/libexec'? I can imagine that invalid path element could cause the entire path setting to fail.

It appears that this is also fixed in 3.2.0. I see this now in the verbose output:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:
                   /resin/libexec
                   /resin/libexec

Not sure why it's listed twice (does the same for LD_LIBRARY_PATH). But it does seem to work properly without having to copy the .jnilib files into /Library/Java/Extensions.

Rob

Rob

-- Scott

Rob

-- Scott

The solution is pretty simple:

1. Do the configure/make/make install as normal
2. Navigate to /path/to/your/resin/libexec
3. sudo cp *.jnilib /Library/Java/Extensions

This copies the three (as of resin 3.1.6) JNI Library files into a
place where OS X's Java can find them when it loads. If you're just running resin locally, you can instead copy the jnilib files to your
own ~/Library/Java/Extensions folder (create it if it doesn't
already
exist).

Theoretically, you could also copy them into /System/Library/Java/
Extensions, but it's generally not recommended to muck around with
stuff in the /System/Library folder, especially when an equivalent
exists (or can be created) in the /Library folder.

Rob