-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard Grantham
Sent: 23 June 2008 14:48
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] HttpSession.invalidate() doesn't

I've found that this could well be the cause of another related issue
which has been causing me misery for the last few months.

My 403.jsp has an element on it which is the result of a Web service
call called via a tag. The call is made only if a person of the correct
type is logged in as the call is protected by J2EE security. If nobody
is logged in then a login box is displayed. When the Web service is
called it is always done to the same server as displaying the 403 page.
There have been several occasions when the JSP will display the 403 page
and make the Web service call which will return a 403 which will make
the call which will return a 403, etc. etc. etc. until Resin maxes out
its thread, hangs and needs to be restarted.

To my mind this would only happen if the wrong session was being pulled
up with the call to request.getSession() in my tag.

Any pointers as how to debug and solve this would be very much
appreciated. For now I have removed the page element.

rgds,

Richard