I try to restart resin by calling the (unmodified) httpd.sh script like

$RESIN_HOME/bin/httpd.sh -server app-a  restart

and get:

Can't start new task because of old task 'WatchdogTask[Watchdog[app-a]]'

When calling the same statement again resin starts.
Any idea what the reason might be and how to resolve it?

We use resin pro 3.1.6

Kind regards,

"The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal,
professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly
prohibited without
our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to
and must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and
should notify us

This footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically scanned for
the presence
of computer viruses, profanities and certain file types."