On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 03:31:16PM -0600, david day wrote:
> I've also been looking into versions installed with mod_caucho after
> 3.1.6 and get not communication between mod_caucho and Resin.
> http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3013 indicates build scripts are
> fixed in 4.0.0.  Does this mean there is a fix I can apply in a later
> stable, or will I have to wait until 4.0.0?

Hi David,

You can delete the following line from the configure script:

CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

Then run configure again.  It's probably safest to do this on a fresh
installation in case you've already run configure once before.

Take care,
Emil

> Installation attempted on CentOS release 5.2 with Apache/2.2.3, and
> CentOS release 4.7 (Final) with Apache/2.0.52.  No versions after
> 3.1.6 works, and the solution in the bug is confusing:
>
> (0003698)
> emil
> 01-05-09 23:14
>
> Starting in Resin 3.1.7, LFS support was enabled by default. Older
> versions of Apache do not have LFS support and are not 64-bit clean
> when LFS CFLAGS are given. The fix to the configure script in 4.0.0
> makes sure only the CFLAGS given by apache are used, but allows LFS to
> be enabled explicitly.
>
> regards,
> David

Emil Ong
Chief Evangelist
Caucho Technology, Inc.
Tel. (858) 456-0300
mailto:e...@caucho.com
http://blog.caucho.com/

Caucho: Reliable Open Source
--> Resin: application server
--> Quercus: PHP in Java
--> BAM: lightweight high-speed messaging