I checked and yes, we were indeed using the mod_caucho. It got loaded when
we restarted
apache. The bad news is that something was wrong with it. Apache and Resin
stopped talking to
each other over port 6802. netstat showed 0 connections. Any config changes
between mod_caucho 3.1.6 and 3.1.8?
Thanks for the help.

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet.
-William Gibson