On Jan 28, 2009, at 12:08 AM, Stargazer wrote:

> http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/jsr_299_webbeans_is_dead?intcmp=2223
>
> No wonder you guys have such a hard time keeping up!

WebBeans is dead.  Long live Java CanDI!  (Contexts and Dependency
Injection)

Yeah, I spent the whole weekend refactoring our implementation to deal
with the new packaging, and put up a Resin 4.0 snapshot yesterday.

The changes are good though.  Basic summary:

   javax.inject - core injection annotations like the @BindingType,
@Current, etc.
   javax.inject.manager - programmatic access to Java injection
   javax.context - context/scope stuff like ApplicationScoped,
RequestScoped, SessionScoped
   javax.event - all the event firing stuff
   javax.interceptor - Interceptors (now completely shared with EJB)
   javax.decorator - Decorators (also complete shared with EJB)
   javax.annotation - @Named, @Stereotype moved here

It's all logical, but I'm amazed they got permission to create that
many top-level packages.

The config namespace and beans.xml location changed too (causing all
tests to fail, plus lots of core Resin tests):

META-INF/beans.xml

   <Beans xmlns="urn:java:ee">

        <example:Foo xmlns:example="urn:java:com.example"/>

   </Beans>

The urn:java:ee can now import multiple packages (with a ee/namespace
file).  So urn:java:ee automatically imports javax.injection,
java.lang(!), java.util(!), javax.context, etc.