On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Riccardo Cohen wrote:

> I need someting very light, quick and safe, what do you suggest ?

I'm not familiar with JAI, so I'll leave that for others to assess.
For a server side application you may want to stick with imageio over
java.awt.Toolkit.
The Toolkit approach is very system dependent, but potentially faster, since
it delegates
to (potentially hardware accelerated) system libraries.

In any case you will want to be aware of the aliasing effects you get when
scaling
either up or down in large steps.  Details are at:

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2007/04/03/perils-of-image-getscaledinstance.html<%20%20%20%20http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2007/04/03/perils-of-image-getscaledinstance.html>

Good luck,

Knut Forkalsrud