Daniel, your findings confirms EnvironmentClassLoader as the prime
suspect (my own tests are a bit more detailed in an earlier post,
http://maillist.caucho.com/pipermail/resin-interest/2008-November/003158.html)

Regarding your GC root paths for this class:
1. I haven't noticed any uses of java.util.prefs - could this be part of
any of your added JARs (like groovy)?
2. This is the error I have found within Resin that is still to be
fixed. As mentioned earlier, there is a quick and dirty patch for Resin
3.1 available at http://jiderhamn.se/resin-leak.patch to avoid this
leak. However even with the patch applied I'm still having leaks.
3. This obviously seems like a groovy problem, probably a static
initialization triggered at class load.

So would you mind giving this another try with groovy removed and with a
patched version of Resin? (I can provide a patched resin.jar if that helps)

Cheers,
Mattias Jiderhamn

--

  </Mattias>