Just tried a new idea: I subclassed EnvironmentClassLoader within the
Resin sources and compiled into resin.jar. There is still a leak (in
contrast to when I subclassed EnvironmentClassLoader within my own
application).

Conclusion: The classloader that loads the (Environment)ClassLoader
class is somehow of importance.

 /Mattias