Thanks for the input. May be I'm going about this the wrong way. What
is the best practices for setting up shared virtual hosting of Resin.
I basically want to provide Railo ( hosting.
Railo is a CFML engine that can run on top of any J2EE container.
Right now I am using the cPanel control panel and have hooks
programmed in to create the necessary domain.xml files which are
tapped into a single install of Resin.

The current architecture works ]like this, when a user signs up, a new
domain.xml file is created and stored in a config directory. Then the
script does a touch on the resin.conf file to force a restart. The
resin.conf includes the newly created domain.xml using the
<resin:import> tag that reads all the xml files in the config
directory. So everything is working and automated, I just wanted to
know if there was a way to make it so the applications didn't see the
service go up and down.

Any advice you could provide on this would be appreciated.